Informational interviews are a massively underused tool.
They’re useful in a variety of situations including, but not limited to:
- deciding if law school is the right choice for you
- trying to figure out what area of law to focus on
- getting a job for the summer or post-graduation
In reality, “informational interview” is just a fancy way of saying “take someone out for coffee and get to know them.”
It seems complicated and intimidating, but it’s actually pretty easy to conduct great informational interviews!
Let’s get to it!
A Four-Part Guide to Conducting Great Informational Interviews
- Step One: Identify Your Target Interviewee
- Step Two: Request an Informational Interview (with Examples!)
- Step Three: Questions to Ask in an Informational Interview
- Step Four: What Did You Learn?
Good luck, and have fun!